While waiting for the turkey, sausage cheese balls are the perfect thing to whet your appetite without bedding it down.
They aren’t difficult to make and it’s a tried and true Thanksgiving favorite.
And maybe best of all, it makes a ton of these tasty tidbits so it’s perfect for when you’re expecting a crowd.
Sausage Cheese Balls
- Makes about 7 1/2 dozen
- 3 cups Original Bisquick
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage (I like the hot, but use whatever your guests will eat.)
- 4 cups (16 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Barbecue sauce, mustard or chili sauce, if desired for dipping
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease bottom and sides of jelly roll pan. Stir together all ingredients, using hands or spoon. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm with sauce.